CSA-7400 MICA Network Appliance
By ADLINK Technology, Inc.
The ADLINK CSA-7400 is a high-performance, high-density computing platform supporting four dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5 compute nodes, interconnected by dual redundant switch modules. This product is designed as a next-generation network security appliance and offers a highly scalable design in a compact 2U rackmount form factor for packet inspection, firewall, load balancer, network monitoring, security gateway, and voice gateway applications. The CSA-7400 can ensure uninterrupted service delivery through hot-swappable compute nodes and switch modules. It is ideally suited for building next generation high-performance firewalls and virtualized telecom elements. ADLINK network appliances are accompanied by the ADLINK PacketManager, a software package that includes control plane configuration tools and data plane processing acceleration capabilities. ADLINK network appliances provide increased packet processing speed and are ideal for Software Define Networking (SDN) switches and Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) applications that require Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and network virtualization functionality. As part of ADLINK’s new Modular Industrial Cloud Architecture (MICA) platform, the CSA-7400 offers additional options for configuration, giving OEMs and system integrators faster development and a better cost-performance ratio. With the MICA platform, computing, storage, and I/O resources are modularized for flexibility, and then recombined as needed for a specific application.
- Supports four single-system dual IntelÂ® XeonÂ® processors E5 compute nodes (MCN-2600)
- Dual redundant switch modules provide 40G internal links to each compute node, and 360G uplinks
- Support for hardware-based acceleration for processing Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation (NVGRE) and Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), assisting the construction of large layer 2 networks in the cloud
- Support for IPMI 2.0 specification, web-based intelligent system management, and support for Serial over LAN (SOL) on compute nodes
- Dual redundant power supply units provide active power management on compute nodes, support flexible power limit policies
- Support for PacketManager software to provide data plane software stacks for dynamic layer 3 and flow-based forwarding, accelerating development of customer applications
- Optional integration of Wind RiverÂ® Titanium Server software to provide carrier grade Network Function Virtualization (NFV) service. Support for hardware acceleration for Open vSwitch and OpenFlow protocol processing, accelerating SDN services.