The VPX3-530 3U VPX Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA ADC/DAC card from Curtiss-Wright is designed for defense applications such as signal intelligence (SIGINT), electronic countermeasures (ECM), and radar warning receivers (RWR). The rugged dual-channel 4 gigasamples per second (GSPS) ADC/DAC is packaged in the 3U form factor and available in air- and conduction-cooled formats with a user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 field-programmable gate array (FPGA). It allows for two 4 GSPS 12-bit (or four 2 GSPS) analog inputs and two 5.6 GSPS update rate (maximum 2.8 GSPS data rate) 14-bit analog outputs with the XC7V690T FPGA. The VPX3-530 may be used in two ways: either†alongside a single-board computer (SBC) or in a larger array of synchronized high-speed analog I/O components. The VPX3-530 FPGA ADC/DAC card provides in a single unit the I/O resources needed for the ADC, DACs, high-speed DDR3 SDRAM, high-speed PCI Express (PCIe), and serial links, together with FPGA-driven parallel I/O to the OpenVPX backplane. VPX3-530 users have the choice of two RF sample clock sources available through the front panel. High-speed DDR3L memory resources support the user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 VX690T FPGA. The VPX3-530 3U VPX Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA ADC/DAC card offers the choice of two memory banks: 256 M by 64-bit or 512 M by 64-bit DDR3L SDRAM. Flash and DDR SDRAM provide AES encryption for FPGA configuration.
- a rugged dual channel 4GSPS ADC/DAC packaged in the 3U form factor
- the card is available in air- and conduction-cooled formats with a user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA
- It provides two 4GSPS 12-bit (or four 2GSPS) analog inputs
- two 5.6GSPS update rate (maximum 2.8GSPS data rate) 14-bit analog outputs with XC7V690T FPGA
- provides in one unit the I/O resources for the ADC, DACs, high-speed DDR3 SDRAM, high-speed PCI Express (PCIe) and serial links â along with FPGA-driven parallel IO to the OpenVPX backplane