The new VPX3-687 1/10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch module is designed to address the increasing demand for 10 and 40 GbE data transfers in embedded systems. Earlier 3U OpenVPX Ethernet switch cards were typically limited to 2-4 ports of 10 GbE, and were only able to interconnect a couple of switches or modules. In comparison, with its 320 Gbps of line-rate switching, the fully managed multi-layer VPX3-687 provides support for up to 32 ports of 10 GbE (or 8 ports of 40 GbE) in a single 3U slot.
- Up to 32 x 10 GbE interfaces in a single VPX 3U slot
- Line-rate forwarding up to 320 Gbps
- Support for Gigabit, 10 Gbps and 40 Gbps backplane Ethernet standards
- Configurable for multiple OpenVPX switch module profiles, including 2F24U, 8F, 6F6U
- Fully managed multi-layer switching services including multicast, QoS, and security features
- IEEE 1588 PTP transparent clock for high-precision system-level time synchronization