WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem
By Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc.
The WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem, with its mix and match COTS OpenVPX boards provides the most FPGA based processing and the fastest and widest bandwidths available, to allow Annapolis customers to input, process, move around and output much more data than has ever been possible before, to enable vastly improved processing in applications such as Signal Processing, Radar, SIGINT, and ELINT.
- The WILD Ecosystem begins with a 4 slot chassis with a custom designed high performance mesh backplane, a 6 slot chassis with a custom designed high speed switched backplane with room for 1 switch card, and a 12 slot chassis with a custom designed high speed backplane with accomodation for 2 switch cards
- Backplanes will carry data at up to or greater than 10G on their dataplanes
- The EcoSystem also includes WILDSTAR 6 FPGA Processing boards, with 1, 2 or 3 Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGAs, and WILDSTAR A5 FPGA Processing boards, with 1, 2 or 3 Altera Stratix V FPGA Processing boards
- Each processing card can have up to 2 A/D or D/A I/O mezzanine cards, up to 5 GSps A/D and 4 GSps D/A, and up to 6 QSFP+ front panel I/O connectors, each capable of up to 40Gb Ethernet
- Annapolis has a one slot 8 TB WILD Storage Board, and a one slot WILD Switch Board with up to 4Tbs Non- Blocking Switch Capacity, using 10G/40G/56G Ethernet or SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR Infiniband
- Several Clock Boards allow synchronization of analog signals
- An RTM card provides additional connectors out the back of the chassis, including 6 more QSFP+ connectors
- All chassis are designed with ample power and airflow to meet the high performance demands of these advanced applications