By Concurrent Technologies, Inc.
Small Form Factor (SFF) acquisition system that combines OpenVPX devices from Elma Electronic, Pentek, and Concurrent Technologies
- The multivendor platform is targeted at radar, signal processing, high-speed data acquisition, and beamforming applications
- SigPro 1 is based on the Pentek Cobalt FPGA XMC products with a high-performance analog-to-digital front end and the 803 Series 3U VPX-REDI Corei7 Single Board Computer (SBC) from Concurrent Technologies for processing functions and a storage subsystem that is based on solid-state disk from Elma
- The new solution uses a three-slot VPX backplane in a conduction-cooled chassis and uses sealed MIL-STD DTL 38999 connectors for I/O
- The system can record at more than 200 MBps and has two GbE ports, two USB ports, and an external VGA port
- Any Pentek FPGA card can be implemented in the system by using Pentekâs Talon data record software